Well, Colton had his first trip to the dentist on Wednesday...for a chipped tooth! Tuesday night Colton was running into the kitchen from the living room and tripped on his own two feet and face planted into the tile floor. He busted his lip and chipped his front tooth. I could not believe it! The next morning I called the pediatrician for the dentist number and we went in later that day. They took x-rays (which Colton hated being held down for) to make sure there was no further damage to the tooth and to make sure the piece that chipped off was not in his lip. Thankfully it was a minor chip and the piece was not in his lip. Then the dentist decided to put a little cap on the chip to smooth it out and protect the tooth from infection. They had to hold Colton down and use a devise to hold his mouth open. The procedure only took about 5 minutes but poor Colton cried the entire time. He was probably so scared and I am sure it brought back some memories from his surgery not that long ago. The cap looks good and I hope it stays on. While the dentist was fixing the chipped tooth he noticed his other front tooth was hit too and had a little fracture in it. There is nothing they can do for it, but if he hits it again it will probably break. Oh boy...now I am paranoid about him falling and hitting his mouth. At least these are baby teeth and will fall out one day. Colton sure is giving us a ride and he is not even playing sports yet!!
Here is the chipped tooth

Another picture of the tooth and you can see his fat bottom lip too

Here is Colton at the dentist having the chip fixed. Poor little guy! :(

Oh no, never a dull moment. Poor guy!
ReplyDelete