Friday, February 4, 2011

I Don't Think We Are In Texas Anymore...

We are now in Alaska! Our weather is crazy! School and work have been closed for 4 days and we have been stuck indoors. Since we do not own skis, snowmobiles or a sled dog team we cannot get around on this much snow and ice! We are really stir crazy at this point. So what do you do when trapped indoors with a 10 month old...

Day 1 of no school...take a nice warm bath!Day 2 of no school...practice our new "surprise" face. Then try some new finger foods... and make a big mess!!
Day 3 of no school we stepped out in the driveway to check out the scene...
Our drive way and alley look like an ice skating rink...staying home.
Jeff could not handle it, so he decided to take Austin for a walk. It was really could and we do not have warm clothes for Austin (they really do not make clothes for an 80lb. dog anyways) so I let her borrow my vest for the walk...hahaha!! Day 4 of no school and looks like we will not be leaving the house again today...So, by now Jeff and I are going crazy being in the house, so while Colton was napping we decided to go outside and play in the snow! Of course, Austin (a polar bear in a former life we think) was having a blast in the snow. She was disappointed earlier in the week that it was ice and not snow. Her brakes did not work as well when chasing the ball on ice! :)
After Colton's nap we decided he would like to get out too and explore the snow. This time he seemed to like it better...but still did not last too long!
Playing in the snow with Daddy and Mommy
While we were out the sun appeared! So, we needed our shades because it was really bright with the snow reflecting! I swear this picture looks like we are at a ski resort and not in the back yard!
He even got to swing a little after we cleaned all the snow and ice out of the seat! "OK...I am ready for warmer weather!!"

1 comment:

  1. Colton is adorable! I can't believe how big he is already! This year has flown by...

    ReplyDelete