We went to the doctor yesterday for our 18 month well check and all is good. Here are the stats:
-Weight – 23.4 lbs (20%)
-Height – 33 ¼ in. (75%)
-Head Circumference – 49.2 cm (85%)
• Still a great sleeper with nighttime sleep from 8:00/8:30 to about 8:00 am with one 2-2 ½ hour nap.
• Colton is still somewhat of a picky eater. He eats a lot of what he loves and none of what he doesn't…like veggies! I am going to have to start getting creative on ways to get them in! We will keep trying!
• Colton still has 16 teeth.
• He is wearing 18 month clothes (they are a tad big) and size 4 diapers.
• Colton’s vocabulary is growing everyday…I have lost count of the words this boy knows! He talks a lot though! He is putting multiple words together like: “hi mommy”, “hi daddy”, “good girl Austin” (he says this while petting her!), “daddy work” (he say this when I go get him in the morning, too cute!), “throw it” (says this every time a ball is in his hand before he throws it), “more please”, he will also ask for “orange juice” or “apple juice”.
• One of Colton’s new favorite things is the show on PBS/Sprouts called Super Why. He is always asking to watch it by saying “uupper why” and during the show he will recite some of the things the characters say. It is so funny! At least he is learning his letters this way!
• We attempted to try timeout. I designated a spot in the living room where he would sit against a wall. Well he was confused at first but after a few times, I would say “Colton, you are going to go to time out if you xyz”. So. Colton would look at me smile and start saying “timeout” over and over while he was running to the spot against the wall. He would even be playing and all the sudden just go to that spot look at me smile and say “timeout”. Clearly this is not working like it should! :)
• Colton is getting to watch lots of football! He will say “football” when he sees it on tv and while it is on just randomly say “hut hut hut”, “touchdown” (with arms raised up) and “go go go”. I guess that was to be expected with a Daddy that is a football coach!
• Some of his other favorite things right now are: black beans, dancing, watching Elmo and Play with me Sesame, naming animals, coloring, playing outside (thank goodness the weather is better!), pointing out pumpkins, throwing balls, working on learning letters and colors, playing at Gymboree, giving “knuckles”, and just being all boy!
Waiting for the doctor and coloring!

We went to eat at Babe's (yum!!) and I decided to bring the camera along and try to snap a few pics. I got some cute ones!
Love this pic! This is what he did when Jeff hid and came out!

No comments:
Post a Comment